The Greatest Adventures of "CHiPs"
|The Greatest Adventures of "CHiPs"|
|Air Date||May 12, 1979|
|Briefing||Hot sheet info, Ponch and Jon nominated for an award, Grossman in charge of recording testimonials|
Ponch and Jon are away in Sacramento teaching an ISTC seminar. Getraer announces that the District Commander has nominated them for the Sustained Superior Achievement Award, which only 3 CHP officers in the L.A. area have received in the last 7 years. Grossman announces that they want to throw a shin-dig for the guys if the Commissioner approves. Grossman describes it as "half party, half roast." Grossman interviews various CHP officers who recall their favorite Ponch and Jon story. At the conclusion of briefing, a number of officers surround Grossman; Baricza and Fritz offer ideas.
- Recap#1: Rescuing the kids on a runaway school bus in Repo Man
- Recap#2: Re-enacting Cahill's accident in MAIT Team
- Recap#3: Leading a convoy of chlorine trucks and corralling a tiger inThe Volunteers
- Recap#4: Catching cattle thieves in Rustling
- Recap#5: Rescuing the girl trapped in an ambulance in Return of the Turks
- Recap#6: Ponch is trapped in a car with a boa constrictor in Cry Wolf - this is removed from the testimonials because it is deemed inappropriate.
- Recap#7: Chasing down the "phantom rider" inSupercycle
- Recap#8: Rescuing the sky diver who lands on the freeway overpass in Vintage '54
- Recap#9: Ponch's women from various episodes
- Recap#10: Grossman chases female car thieves into the water in Down Time - criticized for having nothing to do with Ponch and Jon.
- Recap#11: Stopping a runaway box truck with Baricza's cruiser in Hitch-Hiking Hitch.
- Recap#12: Rescuing the girls who drive their car into a swimming pool in Flashback!
- Recap#13: Catching car thieves from a helicopter in High Flyer
- Recap#14: Ponch and Jon stop a van load of naked volleyball players in Crash Diet
- Recap#15: Rescuing Chris Roberts from raging rapids in Disaster Squad
- Recap#16: Saving Robbie Davis from a bomb in her truck in Bio-Rhythms
Baricza, Harlan, Fritz, and Getraer find Grossman contemplating "a finish" to the story.
- Recap#17: Delivering a baby at the discotheque in Peaks and Valleys
- "Now naturally, because of my literary sensitivity and my facile command of the English language, some of us felt I should assemble our recollections of some of their escapades."
- --Grossman on why he was placed in charge of the recollections.
- Brianne Leary as Sindy
- Lou Wagner as Harlan
- Paul Linke as Grossman
- Brodie Greer as Baricza
- Lew Saunders as Fritz
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Produced by: Cy Chermak
- Written by: L. Ford Neale & John Huff
- Directed by: Don Weis
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Story Editors: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
- Associate Producer: Paul Rabwin
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Art Director: Joseph M. Altadonna
- New Sequences
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- New Sequences
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Music Editor: Joanie Diener
- Sound Editor: Paul Hochman
- Property Master: Walter Wall
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Sound: Maury Harris & Hal Watkins, C.A.S.
- Script Supervisor: Jack Gannon
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Casting: Michael O. Hanks
- Makeup: Lynn Reynolds
- Locations by: Cinemobile Systems
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Automobiles furnished by: Ford Motor Company
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- This two-hour episode comprised primarily of highlights from the first two seasons.
- Although Brianne Leary is listed in the credits, she only appears in a couple of the recaps.
Buy this episode
- The Greatest Adventures of "CHiPs" on DVD at Amazon.com
| Preceded by:
"Ride the Whirlwind"
| The Greatest Adventures of "CHiPs"
| Followed by:|
"Roller Disco: Part 1"