Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a timeline of events taking place in the "CHiPs" series.
- 1973: Car thieves begin using a Bushkin van to hide stolen cars
- 1975: Ponch is commissioned as an officer of the law
- 1976: Baricza and Fritz win the CHP bowling tournament 
- March 1977: Ponch is put on 6 month probation (6 months before the pilot episode) and is partnered with Jon Baker
- 1977: Bushkin van is discovered hiding stolen cars
- 1977: Ponch's first six month probation period ends just as his second begins
- 1978: Ponch's second six month probation period ends
- 1978: Ponch is temporarily partnered with Brent Delaney
- 1981: November, STO TC Hunsacker became first class motor officer
- 1982: Jon Baker leaves the CHP and returns to Wyoming.
- 1982: Bobby Nelson becomes Ponch's new partner.
- 1983: Bruce Nelson becomes Ponch's new partner.
- 1984: Ponch has his last contact with Jon for 15 years
- 1987: Frankie is born
- 1989: Ponch's wife Carol dies and Ponch begins a career painting the Golden Gate Bridge