Tiger in the Streets
|Tiger in the Streets|
|Air Date||January 10, 1982|
Ponch and Jon chase a "bump and tag" car but while Ponch assists at an accident, Jon follows a girl who tells him her friend fell into a hole. Ponch, Jon, and Baricza realize that it's a large animal trap.
The next day, Ponch and Jon show the pit to a woman from animal control.
That night, Ponch and Jon visit a custom car shop looking for the "bump and tag" driver.
They come back the next morning and talk to the kid they're looking for. Next, Ponch, Jon, and the woman from animal control investigate Kessler's Animal Park. As they're leaving, they get a call about a loose tiger.
They set up a trap for it. As they're about to catch the tiger, some "bump and tag" drivers scare it off. Soon, one of the cars rolls off a cliff and the driver is brought to the hospital. That night, Grossie practices his standup routine and tells some racist jokes. He almost gets beat up but Turner saves him. The next day, the tiger is in the streets and Ponch and Jon are there. Getraer soon shows up with a pair of kittens. The tiger runs to investigate and goes right in the cage. Ponch soon learns about a "chicken" race.
When Ponch discovers it's held in the flood control channel, he shows up with Jon just in time to stop it. That night, we learn that Harlan got Grossie's jokes from Slappy White. Slappy gets Grossie up on stage and he's not too bad.
- Wesley Pfenning as Stephanie
- Panchito Gómez as Chico
- Norman Burton as Kessler
- Slappy White as Himself
- Paul Linke as Grossman
- Lou Wagner as Harlan
- Brodie Greer as Baricza
- Michael Dorn as Turner
- Shannon Presby as Wally
- Bill Beyers as Vince
- Marcelino Sánchez as Ramon
- Brigitte Gault as Rosita
- Louisa Britton as Young Woman
- Gary Lee Davis as Dory
- Randi Oakes as Bonnie Clark
- Executive Producer: Cy Chermak
- Produced by: James Doherty
- Story Supervisor: William D. Gordon
- Written by: Stephen Lord
- Directed by: Chuck Ball
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Casting: Cathy Henderson
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- The roads in Griffith Park were used again in this episode. Jon makes his U-turn (just before meeting the girl on the off-road bike) on Griffith Park Drive. The same location was part of the car chase in Finders Keepers. View in Google Maps
- Panchito Gómez (Chico) previously appeared as Robert in Surf's Up.
|Tiger in the Streets