From CHiPs Wiki
|Air Date||December 5, 1981|
A gang of thieves use a van fitted with a car lifting mechanism to rob couriers. Ponch's apartments have been bought up and he can't afford to stay, so the rest of the team try to find a way to stop the development.
- Constance Forslund as Charlie
- Chuck McCann as Gillis
- Shelley Berman as Strum
- Douglas Dirkson as Rado
- Elliott Street as Selkirk
- Paul Linke as Grossman
- Lou Wagner as Harlan
Special Guest Star
- Bruce Jenner as Steve McLeish
- Norman Lee Harris as Clerk
- Don Pulford as Todd
- Harold Jones as Samuelson
- Randi Oakes as Bonnie Clark
- Executive Producer: Cy Chermak
- Produced by: Paul Rabwin
- Written by: Larry Alexander
- Directed by: Leslie H. Martinson
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Story Editors: L. Ford Neale & John Huff
- Associate Producer: Randall Torno
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Music by: Alan Silvestri
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Director: Stephen Myles Berger
- Editor: Albert P. Wilson A.C.E.
- Unit Production Manager: Donald Gold
- First Assistant Director: Steven P. Saeta
- Second Assistant Director: Leslie L. Jackson
- Script Supervisor: Jack Gannon
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Production Consultant: Dave McDannel
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Recorded at: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
- Sound: Harlan Riggs, M. Curtis Price C.A.S.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: Richard Cobos S.M.A., Walter Schenck
- Hairdresser: Don Lynch
- Casting: Cathy Henderson
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- The van is supposed to have the car off the ground in the opening scene, but in the long shots the car's wheels are on the ground and the van shows no signs of carrying the extra weight on one side.
- When the van pulls alongside Charlie's car the forks underneath are already visible, but in the close-up they only appear when the lever is pulled.
- There is no way that even a heavy car could lift the van off the ground with that mechanism.
- Just before the van and heavy car come to rest they change positions relative to each other several times even though they're supposed to be joined together.
| Preceded by:
| Fast Money
| Followed by:|