Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Air Date||March 3, 1979|
Getraer releases a dangerous narcotics suspect.
- Jackie Vernon as Park Employee
- Henry Olek as Dutch
- Gwynne Gilford as Betty Getraer
- Ron Hayes as Capt. Haskell
- Kirk Calloway as Danny
- Marc Gilpin as Timmy
- Larry Golden as Herb Singer
- Mina Vasquez as Joan Ramirez
- Renny Roker as Mr. Becker
- Maria Melendez as Mrs. Muniz
- Produced by: Cy Chermak
- Written by: Richard B. Mittleman
- Directed by: John Florea
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Story Editors: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
- Associate Producer: Paul Rabwin
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Music by: Alan Silvestri
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Director: Joseph M. Altadonna
- Editors: Dennis Mosher & Michael Renaud
- Unit Production Manager: Thom Anable
- Assistant Director: Richard Schor
- 2nd Assistant Director: Mary Lou Maclaury
- Script Supervisor: Jack Gannon
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Production Consultant: Bob Hayden
- Technical Advisor: Dick Barton
- Sound: Maury Harris, Hal Watkins, C.A.S.
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: John M. Norin
- Casting: Michael O. Hanks
- Locations by: Cinemobile Systems
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Automobiles furnished by: Ford Motor Company
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- Gwynne Gilford who plays Betty Getraer is the real-life wife of actor Robert Pine.
- The muddy lot where Dutch is caught in the blue car was on West Washington Blvd, near the intersection with Oak Street. The large building currently on the site was built within a year of filming. Taking Dutch back to Central shouldn't have been a problem for Getraer - it's only about a quarter of a mile away. View in Google Maps
- After the pursuit in the mud, they just leave the bad guy's car stuck on the pole. No tow truck or impound?
- The hood bird and chin spoiler on Ponch's car are missing and the hood is misaligned.
Buy this Episode
- CHP BMX on DVD at Amazon.com
"Ride the Whirlwind"