Wheels of Justice
|Wheels of Justice|
|Air Date||December 21, 1980|
|Briefing||The Getraer Method for soothing babies.|
A drunk driver causes an accident, but swaps places with his wife to avoid losing his license. Another dangerous driver looks like he'll slip through the net until several CHP officers compare stories and realize he's been using aliases to avoid prosecution.
A repeat drunk driver causes an accident and switches places with his wife so he won't lose his license. After talking to the drunk's lawyer at Central, Ponch and Jon go on their beat again. They pull over cheerleaders who were hanging out of their cars.
The next day, Ponch and Jon are in court for the "Stan West" case and find out it was given a continuance. Next, Ponch and Jon stop by the hospital to verify injuries for Jon's reports. Later they check in the the new Deputy DA about the drunk driver.
When a gas main breaks at the hospital, the babies in the maternity ward have to be transported to another hospital. When a crazy driver (Stan West) tries to knock a car off the road, the baby transporting ambulance gets run off. Nobody's hurt, but Grossie ends up holding babies until the CHP arrives to take the babies to Central.
Ponch questions Stan West when his car is identified at the accident. Later at the drunk guy's trial, he is found guilty of public intoxication and not drunk driving. In a few hours, Ponch and Jon return to the courthouse and reveal that "Stan West" is one of multiple aliases. Meanwhile, the drunk guy is out driving again. Ponch and Jon chase him just before he crashes. This time he doesn't switch places with his wife because she flew out of the car window and died.
Later, the CHP deliver the babies to their new home. The transport goes quietly because they're all using "The Getraer Method".
- Joshua Bryant as Arthur
- Christine Belford as Denise
- Christine De Lisle as Janice
- Basil Hoffman as Stan West
- Devon Ericson as Jody
- Paul Linke as Grossman
- Lou Wagner as Harlan
Special Guest Star
- David Spielberg as Ted Stern
- Brodie Greer as Baricza
- Michael Dorn as Turner
- John Biroc as Paramedic
- David Bowman as Administrator
- Judie Carroll as Woman Driver
- Rita Crafts as Judge
- John Kelly as Judge
- Charity James as Chris
- Micki McKenzie as Pam
- Thomas Myers as Injured Motorist
- Joan Patta as Rita
- Linda Phillips as Hostess
- Jack Philpot as Court Clerk
- Randi Oakes as Bonnie Clark
- Produced by: Cy Chermak
- Written by: L. Ford Neale & John Huff
- Directed by: Gordon Hessler
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Story Editors: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
- Associate Producer: Paul Rabwin
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Director: Stephen Myles Berger
- Editor: Albert P. Wilson A.C.E.
- Unit Production Manager: Donald Gold
- First Assistant Director: Denny Salvaryn
- Second Assistant Director: Leslie Jackson
- Script Supervisor: Jack Gannon
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Production Consultant: Dave McDannel
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Assistant to the Producer: Randy Torno
- Recorded at: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
- Sound: Harlan Riggs, M. Curtis Price C.A.S.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: Richard Cobos S.M.A, Walter Schenck
- Hairdresser: Don Lynch
- Casting: Cathy Henderson
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- During the pre-titles chase they go from Waterview Street to Rindge Avenue. A couple of the last remaining houses of Surfridge are visible in the background. View in Google Maps
- The pre-titles crash was filmed just around the corner from Rindge Avenue on Napoleon Street.
- Christine Belford and David Spielberg both appeared in Christine (1983). Christine played Arnie's mom and David was the teacher, Mr. Casey.
- In the pre-titles crash, the ramps behind the middle car are clearly visible from both camera angles.
- When Grossman calls in the ambulance accident, he gives the location as Jefferson at Normandie, but Ponch questions Stan West about a "bad accident at Pershing and Grand".
| Preceded by:
| Wheels of Justice
| Followed by:|