Head Over Heels
From CHiPs Wiki
|Head Over Heels|
|Air Date||December 5, 1982|
A tragic event shatters Ponch's plans to marry the young woman with whom he has fallen in love. A pair of thieves get tip-offs when to rob wealthy customers of a messaging service.
- Beverly Sassoon (as Vanessa James)
- Dennis Holahan as Fred
- Bruce Penhall as Bruce Nelson
- Tina Gayle as Kathy Linahan
- Bernard Behrens as Parker
- Corinne Conley as Mrs. Marks
- Frank Arno as Truck Driver
- Debbie Bishop as Paula
- Barbara Bloomberg as Mrs. Bloomberg
- Kristie Ferrell as Jenny
- Ian Petrella as Little Boy
- Jerry Suprian as Peter
- Kimi Tamura as Little Girl
- Ron Troncatty as Officer Eastlake
- Jason Tucker as Boy
- Executive Producer: Cy Chermak
- Supervising Producer: Paul Mason
- Written by: Loraine Despres
- Directed by: Richard Irving
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Executive Story Consultant: Joseph Gunn
- Creative Consultant: Larry Mollin
- Story Consultant: Gerald Sanford
- Associate Producer: Randall Torno
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- "A Love Until The End of Time" Music By: Lee Holdridge, Lyrics By: Carol Connors, Sung By: Laura Branigan
- Music by: Alan Silvestri
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Director: Stephen Myles Berger
- Editor: Richard Belding
- Unit Production Manager: Donald Gold
- First Assistant Director: David Menteer
- Second Assistant Director: David L. Newman
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Script Supervisor: Suzi Alter
- Production Consultant: Bill Udell
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Production Associate: Bonnie Jo Chermak
- Rerecorded at: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
- Sound: Harlan Riggs, M. Curtis Price, C.A.S.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: Richard Cobos, S.M.A., Jane Aull
- Hair Stylist: Don Lynch
- Sound Editor: Dick McCarty
- Music Editor: Tommy Carlin
- Casting: Al Onorato, Jerry Franks
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- Laura Branigan sang Lee Holdridge's "A Love Until The End of Time" for this episode, but that song was never released. However, Placido Domingo and Maureen McGovern have sung the song as a duet and it is available on CD.
- After the white car lands during the crash near the beginning, the shot of the brown car hitting the blue van is recycled from Christmas Watch in season 3.
- Despite the "Viewpoint School" sign on the building where Vanessa works, the scene was filmed in the car park of Sony Entertainment Pictures in Culver City. St. Augustine's Catholic Church is visible across the road. View in Google Maps
- The little boy with the "puppy for sail" was standing opposite the Bill Murphy Buick dealership on Washington Boulevard in Culver City. The site is now a car park, and the gas station seen behind Bobby has been replaced with a building that's part of Sony Pictures Imageworks. View in Google Maps
- Beverly Adams (credited here as Beverly Sassoon) was engaged to Erik Estrada.
- The episode ends with a spoken message: "Every day, 1,780 Americans are crippled by drunk drivers, 70 die. Please drive carefully." Today, the annual number of deaths has been reduced by about 60%, but there's still an average of one drunk driving fatality every 52 minutes.
| Preceded by:
"This Year's Riot"
| Head Over Heels
| Followed by:|
"Return to Death's Door"