The Great 5K Star Race and Boulder Wrap Party
|The Great 5K Star Race and Boulder Wrap Party|
|Air Date||December 7, 1980|
|Briefing||This year's charity fund raiser|
Ponch and Jon are on patrol near the beach on the Pacific Coast Highway when Ponch spots Burt Reynolds riding by in a limo. Meanwhile, a kid sneaks into a bike race. He quickly loses control of his bike and swerves into traffic, but Jon saves him from being crushed by a truck.
After the theme, the kid pulls his bike wreckage out from under the truck. When Bonnie comes to give him a ride home, he asks for a "regular cop" and she snaps at him.
At the briefing, Ponch comes up with the fund-raising idea of a bicycle relay with celebrities...even after Jon's reminders about last year's fund raising.
Out on the highway, two guys who invented a movable motorcycle sidecar rob a fur coat truck. When a woman spots a fur coat on the highway, she hits the brakes and causes a major accident involving an explosives truck (of course). After taking care of the accident, Jon visits the kid who was on the bike. He wants Jon as a "big brother" in the Big Brother/Big Sister program.
Later that afternoon, Ponch and Jon respond to a complaint from Milton Berle about rocks that are falling near his home. Ponch asks him to participate in the fund-raiser and he agrees. After investigating the rocks, Ponch and Jon chase the two thieves in the prototype motorcycle and sidecar. They lose the thieves just before a rock avalanche begins and causes a large accident. Ponch and Jon call it in and pull people out of their cars. After watching the avalanche, the thieves break into a producer's home and discover that he's in Europe. They decide to stay there for a while until it's safe to get away.
When Milton Berle comes out of his house in a panic, Ponch and Jon go to calm him down. Getraer assigns Ponch and Jon to crowd control and light duty near the boulder. A reporter interviews Milton Berle and he says he's not evacuating.
As Ponch calls celebrities, Jon calls his "little brother" and tells him about the boulder. Scenes from the next part are shown as we're told it's "To Be Continued"
- "You Milton Berle?"
- "If I'm not, I'm having a lot of fun with his wife."
- -Ponch recognizes the man who reported falling rocks
Special Guest Star
- Milton Berle as Himself
- Ken Berry as Kelly
- Don Galloway as Steve
- Felicia Jeter as Herself
- Tammy Lauren as Cheryl
- Tina Louise as Edie
- Alex Rocco as Ansgar
- Ronnie Scribner as Dane
- Paul Linke as Grossman
- Lou Wagner as Harlan
- Brodie Greer as Baricza
- Michael Dorn as Turner
- Ellen Geer as Julie Borris
- Victor Holckak as Colby
- Bob Hackman as Furrier
- Bill Boyett as Rhodes
- Sandy Lipton as Mrs. Bosco
- Kimberly Alexander as Wendy
- Robin Evans as Roberta
- Jerome Guardino as Vendor
- Cindy Harrell as Chris
- Kevin King as Racer
- Michael O'Leary as Bernie
- Heidi Bohay as Corky
- Paddy Edwards as Fur Lady
- Dana Halsted as Carole
- Cathy Cook as Hot Tub Girl
- Kim North as Hot Tub Girl
- Celebrity Doubles Provided by: Ron Smith Celebrity Look-alikes
- Randi Oakes as Bonnie Clark
- Produced by: Cy Chermak
- Written by: Rudolph Borchert
- Directed by: Gordon Hessler
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Story Editors: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
- Associate Producer: Paul Rabwin
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Directors: Les Gobruegge and Stephen Myles Berger
- Editors: William Neel, Albert P. Wilson, A.C.E.
- Unit Production Managers: Donald Gold and Ron Grow
- First Assistant Directors: Danny Salvaryn and Gary Daigler
- Second Assistant Directors: Leslie Jackson and Forrest Futrell
- Script Supervisor: Jack Gannon
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Production Consultant: Dave McDannel
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Assistant to the Producer: Randy Torno
- Recorded at: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
- Sound: Harlan Riggs, M. Curtis Price C.A.S.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: Richard Cobos S.M.A, Walter Schenck
- Hairdresser: Don Lynch
- Casting: Cathy Henderson
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- After the motorcycle and sidecar duo steal the gold chains, their escape takes them past the same market twice. The second time, Jon and Ponch are ticketing a red car there.
|The Great 5K Star Race and Boulder Wrap Party
"The Great 5K Star Race and Boulder Wrap Party (Part 2)"