Drive, Lady, Drive: Part II
|Drive, Lady, Drive: Part II|
|Air Date||November 10, 1979|
Donna/Linda is taken back to her foster home, but Candi suspects something is wrong. Jon and Ponch catch the dune buggy and Jon discovers the hijackers' hideout.
After some scenes from Part 1, we come in where we left off. Candi stops the car just in time and the girl runs off. They find her at her old, burned out house.
The next morning, Candi visits the girl, Donna, at her foster home. She doesn't seem happy and gets punished after Candi leaves. Meanwhile, Ponch and Jon chase after the speeding dune buggy again. Ponch recognizes the route from Part 1 and takes a short cut while Jon follows. They see them hide the dune buggy and then arrest them.
At the track, Candi is qualifying. She makes it, but decides to try for a better starting position and blows her engine. Back at the Palma Vista police station, Jon has to deal with the fathers of the kids he arrested. Later, Candi goes with the social worker to get Donna out of the horrible home. Meanwhile, Jon is about to give a ticket when he notices the car from the first scene of Part 1. He follows it and returns to the station. The officers from Central try to convince the officers on strike to help but they refuse.
That night, Candi calls her pit crew to tell them that her parents want to take care of Donna. When she gets to the track the next day, she learns that she's been replaced by someone else. The next day, while Jon's organizing a raid on the crooks with the crappy car, Candi is getting ready to race...her replacement joined another team.
During the race, Candi and her ex-replacement save another racer before his crashed car explodes. Meanwhile, Ponch, Jon, and a group of other officers bust the crooks they've been watching.
Back at the raceway, Ponch and Jon arrive. Candi is in third, but quickly moves to second which is the position she finishes in. After she returns to her hotel, she says goodbye to Donna. After Donna leaves, so does Candi and Ponch is left with just Jon. Jon says they need a vacation...they decide to try Los Angeles.
- Kelly Harmon as Candi Wright
- Simon Oakland as Bruno
- Jordan Clarke as Croyden
- Dick O'Neill as McNabb
- Michael Conrad as Mr. Chambers
- Leon Isaac Kennedy as Powell
- Brodie Greer as Baricza
- Helen Baron as Mrs. Wright
- William Bronder as Sal Panello
- Tracey Gold as Donna
- June Christopher as Miss Rudd
- Robert Ellenstein as Whaley
- Bruce Glover as Chuck Harris
- Grainger Hines as Bristow
- Brion James as Ackerman
- David Johnston as Elmer
- John Kerry as Webner
- Quinn O'Hara as Mrs. Hastings
- William Long, Jr. as Nascar Official
- Anthony Palmer as Toby
- Don Ross as Mr. Wright
- Produced by: Cy Chermak
- Written by: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
- Directed by: Don Weis
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Story Editors: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
- Associate Producer: Paul Rabwin
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Music by: Alan Silvestri
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Director: Les Gobruegge
- Editor: William Neel
- Unit Production Manager: Ron Grow
- Assistant Director: Lindsley Parsons III
- 2nd Assistant Director: Paul Chavez
- Script Supervisor: Jack Gannon
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Production Consultant: Dave McDannel
- Technical Advisor: Bill Kuethen
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Sound: Louis C. Williman, M. Curtis Price C.A.S.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: Richard Cobos S.M.A., Walter Schenck
- Casting: Michael O. Hanks
- Locations by: Cinemobile Systems
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Automobiles furnished by: Ford Motor Company
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- Jon and Ponch spot the dune buggy for the second time when it passes them on San Fernando Road. View in Google Maps
- Jon spots the green '69 Chevy in the car park of what is now a 7-Eleven on the intersection of Nordhoff Street and Orion Avenue. View in Google Maps
| Preceded by:
"Drive, Lady, Drive: Part 1"
| Drive, Lady, Drive: Part II
| Followed by:|
"The Watch Commander"