Return of the Brat Patrol
|Return of the Brat Patrol|
|Air Date||May 1, 1982|
We join Getraer on his way to work. He stops to get a paper and leaves the keys in the car. Two blonde women steal it and cause an accident. When Ponch and Bruce make fun of Getraer losing his car, Getraer makes Ponch have to shape their Explorer Scouts into a basketball team.
At the introductions, the Explorer troop is sure that they can meet Captain Burke's challenge and beat the LAPD Explorer troop.
On patrol, Bruce and Kathy chase Getraer's car but have to stop when it causes several accidents.
At practice, C.T, the CHP Explorers' star player has to sit out because of bad grades at school and they get clobbered by the LAPD Explorers.
Later that day, the Explorers go on patrol with Ponch looking for older kids who don't belong at a school. When the older kids threaten Artie and Roland, they don't tell Ponch about it.
At basketball practice, Bobby and Bruce tell Ponch that there was a kid at the school that was mugged.
That night at Ponch's apartment, Becky Lou, one of the Explorer girls tells Ponch that her boyfriend wants her to go "all the way" with him.
The next day, Carter (in a new crusier) finds Getraer's car and chases it assisted by Grossie, Bruce, Bobby, and Kathy on motors.
Later, at the school, Artie and Roland call in Ponch and catch the bullies.
Out on the streets, Ponch and Bruce spot Getraer's car. Getraer shows up and arrests them after the car runs out of gas. ...but they didn't put it in park and the car rolls away and gets wrecked.
Later, at the basketball game, everyone is there to watch as the CHP beats the LAPD 67 to 66 in the last second, with Becky Lou making the final basket.
- Rosanna Locke (as Linda)
- Kathy Maisnik (as Becky Lou)
- Keith Mitchell (as Roland)
- David Raynr (as C.T.)
- Stephen Sachs (as Johnny)
- J. Brennan Smith (as Gordo)
- Sarah Abrell (as Jane)
- Marguerite DeLain (as Mrs. Montgomery)
- Scott Lincoln (as Officer Carter)
- Gary A. McMillan (as Officer Kelly)
- King Moody (as Capt. Burke)
- Carson Sipes (as Lester)
- Marilyn Staley (as Joan)
- Lou Tiano (as Mr. La Russo)
- Frank Arno (as Sal)
- Carmen Estrada (as Sally)
- Theo Forsett (as Butch)
- Philip Granger (as Hank)
- Anthony Marciona (as Lenny)
- Frank Montiforte (as Jerry)
- Margaret Morrisey (as Alison)
- Steve Rumph (as Perry)
- Written by: Joseph Gunn & Paul Mason and Loraine Despres
- Teleplay by: Joseph Gunn and Paul Mason
- Directed by: Phil Bondelli
- See the prequel in "Brat Patrol".
(Not so) Fun Fact
- This was the final first-run episode of "CHiPs" on NBC. No one knew it at the time.
- Why are these kids patrolling a school? Shouldn't they be in school? Just what is the CHP trying to promote?
- At the basketball game, isn't it unfair for Getraer to be an official?
- The short kid isn't wearing his glasses during the basketball game...even though he wears them everywhere else.
"Things That Go Creep in the Night"
|Return of the Brat Patrol