|Air Date||November 7, 1982|
Bobby's younger brother, Bruce, is training to join the CHP, but he also wants to become speedway world champion. A pair of thieves are stealing jewelry from motorcycle couriers, and a trio of teenage hitch-hiking Valley girls are holding up unsuspecting motorists.
- Barney Martin as Ed
- Kitty Moffat as Jean
- George Murdock as Ernie
- Robert Romanus as Ray
- Tina Gayle as Kathy Linahan
Special Guest Star
- Bruce Penhall as Bruce Nelson
- Daniel Currie as Captain Doyle
- Genie Keep as Mandi
- Kerrigan Mahan as Mechanic
- Tony Rush as Mel
- Kimberly Sedgewick as Jill
- Viola Kates Stimpson as Mrs. Cooper
- Chet Walker as Simmons
- Moon Zappa as Tami
- Executive Producer: Cy Chermak
- Supervising Producer: Paul Mason
- Written by: Gerald Sanford and Paul Mason
- Directed By: Chuck Bail
- Executive Consultant: Rick Rosner
- Executive Story Consultant: Joseph Gunn
- Creative Consultant: Larry Mollin
- Story Consultant: Gerald Sanford
- Associate Producer: Randall Torno
- Developed for television by: Paul Playdon
- Music by: Alan Silvestri
- Theme by: John Parker
- Music Supervisor: Harry V. Lojewski
- "Valley Talk" Music by: Carol Connors, Lyrics by: Gerald Sanford and Paul Mason
- Director of Photography: Robert F. Sparks
- Art Director: Stephen Myles Berger
- Editor: Joe Morrisey
- Unit Production Manager: Donald Gold
- First Assistant Director: David Menteer
- Second Assistant Director: Mary Ellen Canniff
- Set Decorator: W. Joseph Kroesser
- Script Supervisor: Suzi Alter
- Production Consultant: Bill Udell
- Stunt Co-ordinator: Paul Nuckles
- Production Associate: Bonnie Jo Chermak
- Rerecorded at: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios
- Sound: Harlan Riggs, M. Curtis Price, C.A.S.
- Wardrobe Supervisor: Shelly Levine
- Makeup: Richard Cobos, S.M.A., Jane Aull
- Hair Stylist: Don Lynch
- Sound Editor: Edward M. Osborne
- Music Editor: Tommy Carlin
- Casting: Al Onorato, Jerry Franks
- With Appreciation to Glen B. Craig, Commissioner California Highway Patrol
- Motorcycles Furnished by: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Filmed in METROCOLOR / Titles and Opticals MGM
- Rosner Television in association with MGM Television
- Kitty Moffat (Jean) previously appeared as Kathie in 11-99: Officer Needs Help.
- The speedway footage at the end is from the 1982 Individual Speedway World Championship at the Memorial Coliseum. It was the only time the Individual World Final was held outside of Europe. All the riders mentioned in the commentary were real competitors - they were Peter Collins, Michaił Starostin, Jan Andersson, Edward Jancarz, Kenny Carter, Georg Hack, Phil Crump, Hans Nielsen, Les Collins, Kai Niemi, Jiří Štancl, and Vaclav Verner. The other riders not named were Dennis Sigalos and Kelly Moran of the USA, Dave Jessup of England and reserve riders Emil Sova of the Czech Republic and Andy Grahame of England. Bruce Penhall won the event by a point from Les Collins, with Dennis Sigalos in third.
- Moon Zappa (Tami) and her father, Frank, released a single called "Valley Girl" in 1982 that featured examples of Valley girl or Valspeak slang.
- The establishing shot of the CHP Academy is the real building, however, it's in Sacramento, so even Bruce would struggle to make the roughly 400 mile journey in an hour. View in Google Maps
- The courier robberies all take place on Shoreline Drive in Long Beach, but the locations and directions of travel change many times even before the jewels are taken.
| Preceded by:
"Rock Devil Rock"
| Speedway Fever
| Followed by:|