Original Airdate: 10-Nov-1979
Plot: After some scenes from part 1, we come in where we left off. Candi stops the car just in time and the girl runs off. They find her at her old, burned out house. The next morning, Candi visits the girl, Donna, at her foster home. She doesn't seem happy and gets punished after Candi leaves. Meanwhile, Ponch and Jon chase after the speeding dune buggy again. Ponch recognizes the route from part 1 and takes a short cut while Jon follows. They see them hide the dune buggy and then arrest them. At the track, Candi is qualifying. She makes it but decides to try for a better starting position and blows her engine. Back at the Palma Vista police station, Jon has to deal with the fathers of the kids he arrested. Later, Candi goes with the social worker to get Donna out of the horrible home. Meanwhile, Jon is about to give a ticket when he notices the car from the first scene of part 1. He follows it and returns to the station. The officers from Central try to convince the officers on strike to help but they refuse. That night, Candi calls her pit crew to tell them that her parents want to take care of Donna. When she gets to the track the next day, she learns that she's been replaced by someone else. The next day, while Jon's organizing a raid on the cooks with the crappy car, Candi is getting ready to race...her replacement joined another team. During the race, Candi and her ex-replacement save another racer before his crashed car explodes. Meanwhile, Ponch, Jon, and a group of other officers bust the crooks they've been watching. Back at the raceway, Ponch and Jon arrive. Candi is in third but quickly moves to second which is the position she finishes in. After she returns to her hotel, she says goodbye to Donna. After Donna leaves, so does Candi and Ponch is left with just Jon. Jon says they need a vacation...they decide to try Los Angeles.
Guest Stars: Kelly Harmon (as Candi), Simon Oakland (as Bruno), Jordan Clarke (as Croyden), Dick O'Neill (as McNabb), Michael Conrad (as Mr. Chambers), Leon Isaac Kennedy (as Powell), Helen Baron (as Mrs. Wright), William Bronder (as Sal Panello), Tracey Gold (from Growing Pains as Donna), June Christopher (as Miss Rudd), Robert Ellenstein (as Whaley), Bruce Glover (as Chuck Harris), Grainger Hines (as Bristow), Brion James (as Ackerman), David Johnston (as Elmer), John Kerry (as Webner), Quinn O'Hara (as Mrs. Hastings), William Long, Jr. (as Nascar Official), Anthony Palmer (as Toby), Don Ross (as Mr. Wright), Frank Farmer (as Frank), Kurt Ida (as Bobby Chambers), David Starwalt (as Dicky), Wayne Storm (as Ben)
Written by: William D. Gordon & James Doherty
Directed by: Don Weis
- This continues the events from "Drive, Lady, Drive" Part I
- Even after they find out the girl's real name, they keep calling her "Linda" at the police station.
- When they leave the burned out house, Candi is left with Ponch. How is she supposed to get home? Ride on the back of Ponch's motor?
- When Ponch and Jon chase the dune buggy, Ponch is in the lead...except in the shots directly in front of them. In those shots, they're side by side. (Probably because they're on a trailer.) Why is Ponch leading anyway?
- While the kids hide the dune buggy, Jon watches and Ponch drives in from chasing them. Wait a second! Jon was chasing them and Ponch was set ahead to their hiding spot!
- While Baricza is observing the crooks, he's crouching behind some weeds...but his cruiser is in plain view right behind him.
17 readers have rated this episode as 6.82 out of 10.
What do you think? Rate This Episode